Kloofing is the South African term for Canyoning where one descends down a river within a canyon or ravine. This may entail swimming, scrambling/climbing over boulders, jumps, and abseiling down waterfalls.
Various route options exist from 2hours to 8 hours with more extreme options available, including multi day trips. Custom trips are done in various other canyons not listed below and to other areas on request. All trips are a personal guided experience, guaranteed to be very different from anything else out there and focused to give the client the best possible experience.
Durations times below are just an average, it will vary depending on your group size and fitness level.
You are provided with all the necessary gear for this activity.
- Adventure canyon tour – Scenic swims, waterfall jumps and abseils/belays down waterfalls. (+-3-4hrs): R1350p/p
- Adventure canyon tour as above with an added scenic flat water kayak leg (+-5hrs) R1750p/p
- Overboard canyon tour – 2x50m Abseils into canyon with a scenic swim out and optional cliff jumps. (+-3hrs): R1100p/p
- Kaaimans canyon tour – Scenic swims and optional cliff jumps (+-4hrs ): R800p/p
- Swart river tour – this trip is a combination of kayaking and kloofing, nice introduction section to the kloofing experience. (3hrs): R750p/p
- Multi day Canyoning expeditions available on request!
- Edited HD Action Video and photos of experience: R400